Fire is a good servant but a bad master. 火是一把双刃剑。 |
How much is the rent for a month? 每月租金多少? |
I watch my money!视财如命! |
We have thirty minutes to kill [消磨;打发 时间]. 我们有三十分钟空闲时间。 |
None is of freedom or of life deserving unless he daily conquers it anew. 只有每天再度战胜生活并夺取自由的人,才配享受生活或自由。 |
Are you sure you can come by at nine? 你肯定你九点能来吗? |
The crash of the whole solar and stellar systems could only kill you once. 即使整个太阳系和星系崩溃,你也只死一次。 |
You can make it! 你能做到! |
It’s Kate's. 是凯特的。 |
唯一真正自由的人是能够拒绝宴会的邀请而不用提出理由的人。 The only man who is really free is the one who can turn down an invitation to dinner without giving any excuse. |
让我们言归正传。 Let's get to the point. |
若惹蠢人生气,不如使他欢喜。 It is better to please a fool than to anget him. |
我讲明白了吗? Have I made myself clear? |
打破固定的模式,新世界才能出现。/破旧立新。 When patterns are broken,new worlds can emerge. |
空袋倒不出豆。/无中不能生有. Nothing comes out of the sack but what was in it . |
星期天我经常在图书馆里看些书。 On Sundays I often spend some time reading in the library. |
同自己最好的朋友结婚是谓幸福。 Happiness is being married to your best friend. |
要长学问,就得多问。 A man becomes learned by asking questions. |
未来之事,必有征兆。 Coming events cast their shadows before. |
swirl vt./vi. 打旋,旋动 |
migrate vi. 迁移;移居 |
convey vt. 运送;转达,传达 |
axis n. (pl. axes)轴,轴心 |
rupture n./v. 破裂;割裂 |
pessimism n. 悲观,悲观主义 |
horticulture n. 园艺 |
exempt vt./a. 免除,被豁免的 |